Re: [Fwd: Re: finally home after B/V]

To: ddahlgren@snet.net, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: finally home after B/V]
From: Want1937hd@aol.com
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 21:31:02 EDT
I remember an INDY 500 story about a driver pitting because the oil gauge
showed low pressure while leading. The gauge later proved to be
malfunctioning. The next year, once qualified the car owner covered all the
gauges with tape and hoped for the best. Bob in connecticut

<< Name me the sports car driver that is successful without a tach or shift
light
 If the car went faster it is because it finally got shifted at redline rather
 the number the owner would rather use thinking about what it will cost to
fix if
 it breaks....
 I've been racing way too long to believe that story :>)
 Dave  >>