RE: Tires

To: "LSR list \(E-mail\)" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Tires
From: "Jon Wennerberg" <jonw@up.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 15:15:14 -0400
My dad got me garage passes for the Indianapolis 500 (time trials) three or
four times in the mid-60's, and I remember seeing them balance Indy car
tires with fancy computers and other high-zoot methods (for the time).
Those machines sure looked about the same as the ones that Wal-Mart and
everyone else has today.  I wonder what the Indy folks use now?  Has
technology come up with a whole new way of doing it?

By the way, they just stuck the (gently curved) flat weights on the inside
of the wheel rims with a glue or something -- and I did see some duct tape,
too.  Plenty of force to hold 'em in place.

Jon in Marquette,

   where the leaves really have started (just barely) to turn from green to
autumn.  Really -- see why we plan to go back to the Salt for WoS?  More
summer, please.