Fw: odd Chevy crank wear

To: "Land Speed List" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: odd Chevy crank wear
From: "Bill & Dee Bennett" <benettw@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 19:30:50 -0400
I forgot to remove the trailer the first time. Also meant to add that master
cylinder holds less than the capacity of the whole system and if the pedal
is pumped quickly a few times the reservoir will go dry and the system takes
for ever for the clutch to engage.
 Here is a little tip on those late model slave cylinders. There is a small
 orifice installed in the hydraulic line that slows clutch engagement. I
 guess they didn't want anyone dumping the clutch. Several people I know
have
 try to do a clutch upgrade only to have it wasted in a few hundred miles.
 Once the orifice was found and drilled out the clutch life was greatly
 improved.

 Bill

<land-speed@autox.team.net>