Re: Good News; Paul Newman

To: "Doug Anderson" <boogiewoogie12@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Good News; Paul Newman
From: "Ed Van Scoy" <edvs@uswest.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 12:49:45 -0700
Back when I was a motocross rider (many moons & broken bones ago) Paul Newman
was a hero because he was one of the best amateurs around. His movie contracts
prohibited him from any racing so in 1971 (+/-) he entered the Elsinore Gran
Prix under the name of Harvey Mushman. Of course he was recognized
immediately......... As I recall, he either won or placed high in his class. At
the time, this was the largest cross-country race in the US.
Ed