Good News

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Good News
From: RAWAWA@aol.com
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 22:18:49 EDT
I just got back from a day trip to Lime Rock Park,a road racing facility in
Connecticut and thought i'd share an encouraging experience with you all. I
was there for the "Porsche Re-union",which featured a terrific gathering of
both cars and drivers,some 30 year old cars and famous Porsche drivers of the
past. Long story short,Paul Newman,at like 70 years old, IS cool hand Luke !
He drove a Brumos prepared 914 and would have won in a nice pass on the last
lap but for a 911 that spun out in front of him,which he promptly t-boned at
about 70 mph. He got out,checked on the other driver,then his car,then got a
ride back to the pits,apparently no worse for wear. If this guy can can
compete at his age on a circuit with other drivers,we sure can go in a
straight line by ourselves for  a long while,right ?...Bob ,forever young
?,Wanner