Re: New Harley?

To: Joe Amo <jkamo@rapidnet.com>, "Clay, Dale"
Subject: Re: New Harley?
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 10:05:22 -0700 (PDT)
Joe, you shouldn't be so hard on Harley guys?
Have you ever ridden one for any period of time?
Back in the not to distant past, I road raced a
Honda, and drag raced Kawasaki, but I had a
Harley and a BMW that I rode regularly on the
street.  The Beemer was unbeatable on a highway
ride, and the Harley, with it's gobs of low end
tractor torque, was (and still is) great fun
around town.  The Honda handled like a dream, the
Kawasaki launched like a bullet coming off the
line, The Bimmer was a bummer below 40 MPH, and
the Harley shook out my fillings above 50 MPH - -
but I still love them all for what they are.
Trying to compare BMWs, Harleys and Japanese
multi-valve-multis is like trying to compare
hearing, seeing, and feeling.

Kinda like, I love driving my racecar, but my
wifes Buick is really nice on the highway. And,
my truck is the only way to pull a trailer and
carry a load of lumber.

They are all great for what they are intended
for.
Dick J
http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/