Re: Remote oil filters

To: "Phillip Landry" <saltracer@hotmail.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Remote oil filters
From: "glen barrett" <speedtimer@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 17:42:09 -0700
Phillip
I don't see a rule violation. The only problem is if the filter ruptures and
sprays hot oil all over. I am a strong believer about omitting a problem
before it happens. Seen to many burns in racing over the years. The driving
suits absorb liquids and you can't get stopped and out of one very fast. If
there is some way to shield it during the run I would feel better. It's your
choice. Doug and some of you other roadster guys have an opinion on this.
Glen