Lesson's in Torque

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Lesson's in Torque
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 22:23:24 -0500
Well I got the infamous lesson in the Torque challanged motor this
weekend..... to put it politely.... it would have reminded you of the
atmospheric condition associated with a High quality Vacuum cleaner....

Okay that having been said politically correctly.... the car ran great and
made Lots of Noise..... but didn't go anywhere.... 170mph.... with the
Smallest carb in the box....

What we know is that the HUGH Nitrous cam on Gasoline ain't much of a Player
in the Gasoline venue.... it simply didn't make any Torque.... for all it's
hp it didn't go anywhere.... it should have ran in the 185-190 range and
simply didn't.... cause it didn't accelerate fast enough.... it was
continueing to accelerate out the back and it never stopped pulling.... but
the 3.25 gear was WAY to much gear for Maxton.... it was a 225mph gear when
I was trying to run 185.... ain't going to happen..... ( went out the back
of the traps at around 7400rpm....

Dave Came up with some Rocker solutions to settle the cam down on Gas....
and we are going down that road next.... but without Nitrous this thing
ain't much of a Player just yet....

Keep in mind my Cast iron D motor has run 180 with the wide ratio 4
speed.....

K ( More on another Great Meet tomorrow )