In line sixes

To: "land speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: In line sixes
From: "Dan" <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 05:11:53 -0700
just wondering, which in line sixes are allowed? am I right in presuming that
the jaguar sixes aren't allowed? also did the BMR coupe used to run a blown
flatmotor? if so what speeds?

Paul & list,

The list of engines NOT allowed is very short. The Jag engine is allowed, must
run heads up in the cubic inch class. The Vintage sixes we are discussing are
the GMC & Chev inlines up to 325 cubic inches, pre 1959 design. These engines
will run in the XO classes.

Mark Johnson and his dad ran a Jag engine in their #304 Camero for several
years. Best of mid 170s if I remember right. Mark now uses blown Donavans of
various displacements in the Camero. he runs consistently in the 200s, has
several /BGC and /BAlt records plus three 2 club memberships.

There is a chopped Comp Coupe, black with goldleaf lettering (Kilmer and
Sons?) using a Jag motor currently running at Bonneville.

BMR has always had GMC engines, both blown and unblown.