swirl reply

To: "land- Speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: swirl reply
From: "Rose & Terry Hunt" <hunt@Kuentos.guam.net>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 16:45:18 +1000
Tom Sarda, Wes Potter and list:  Thanks again for the reply. The induction
system is a sheet metal manifold plumbed for mechanical fuel injection.
Individual port nozzels with the air meter mounted to the front face. It's the
same system that Ken Walkey runs, a derivative of a Bendix aircraft system.
Ken is very pleased with it's performance. As far as "swirl port" is
concerned, A friend said that the porting process creates a shape that
promotes swirl. According to him this is the latest technology, supposedly
used in NHRA Pro Trucks. I don't know.? Also, I'm still interested to know if
the cu. ft. of flow per 1cc of port volume. Example: 353cu. ft. per min.
devided by 251cc intake port volume is 1.406 cu. ft. flow per 1cc of port
volume for the Chev. 15 dergee., Last  years Brodix Tract 1 was 259 cu. ft.
devided by 215cc equals 1.204 cu. ft. . Are these values an indication of port
effiency?   Terry Hunt, Guam Bomb, #743 D/GAlt.