Porting Table

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Porting Table
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 02:20:45 -0600
One of the neat pieces I saw at Paul Vanderley's place was a Cool down draft
head porting table....

Picture and open grate with a squirel cage fan below it basically the whole
deal flows air and sucks the metal shaving's away...Looked like it could be
used as a Welding and grinding table as well

I didn't have my Digital camera with me or I would have gotten a Picture....
but I think I can describe it..... the Grate was about 1 1/2'  X 3 feet and
below it was a squarish Funnel down to the squirel fan mounted about 2'
below it....  The whole set up was on a bench top and was flush so you could
cover it with say cardboard and never know it was there.

Most likely a standard sorta piece and I had just never seen one.... neat
deal....

Keith