head gaskets

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: head gaskets
From: "paul bland" <paul.blandavon@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 09:32:12 -0000
Hi all, sorry I can't match Ricks input, all I can offer is my own experiences
with head gaskets, on my big block Chrysler (for drag racing)I use Clarke
solid copper gaskets coated with a product called Torque Tite (made in the
states) I also run stainless steel wire "o" rings in the heads (belt and
braces!) I've never had any leaks either fluid or pressure even when "dumping"
healthy amounts of nitrous in straight of the line, Felpro gaskets are great
too but non reusable, my copper gaskets are 10 years old! and I'm about to put
them back in.
Paul.