what this list is

To: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>,
Subject: what this list is
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 08:24:07 -0800 (PST)
--- "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
wrote:
> Dale,
>
> I fear that this list is deteriorating. All of
> a sudden we have a
> surplus of experts that want to tell us how
> things ought to be.

Tom, I'm afraid that the bigger the list get's,
the more "diversified opinions" will show up.
I'm glad this is America and they have a place to
express their opinions, even when I don't care
about them.  I, for one, am willing to just scan
past them and 'delete before reading' just to be
able to get to the good stuff about building and
racing cars.  The mechanical, technical and
practical stuff.  I'll let those guys go on about
rules and politics as long as they want to, I
just ignore it.  To me, the opportunity to listen
to you guys, who have been there and done it, is
well worth the inconvenience.  If it wasn't for
input from guys like you, I would not have a car
on the track, and that's the gospel truth.
What's more, when I finally would get one on the
track, assuming I could pass inspection, I think
I would have blown my motor on the first run.
I'm just an old guy who loves speed and powerful
cars who is more than willing to listen and learn
from those who know.

=====
Dick J
In East Texas