SCTA/BNI / FIA

To: "world" <world-records@landracing.com>
Subject: SCTA/BNI / FIA
From: "glen barrett" <speedtimer@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 12:32:27 -0800
Lists
All of the talk about records regardless of what venue one thing is being
overlooked as far as SCTA/BNI. That is safety. We have very defined rules that
we have to meet because of insurance requirements. Any venue that would have
the backing of SCTA/BNI would have to first meet these or SCTA/BNI would never
sanction the event. The USA is a sue happy country and we have to protect
everyone that races under this venue.
FIA only specifies classes. Safety don't seem to matter. The last bluebird to
run would never pass our rules. We don't run jet cars but the SSC I doubt
would pass as well.

The BLM requires proof of insurance and the Insurance certainly makes sure of
the standards. This we pay a fee for at every event. There are no free rides.

Glen

[This message delayed, as it needed manual intervention by the list
administrator.  mjb.]