Re: EFI & RF hash

To: Chris R Harris <yesford@clear.net.nz>
Subject: Re: EFI & RF hash
From: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 17:07:53 -0500
The ignition leads are the source of your most noise. The
impedance of the wire is most critical. I would say that
wire that is less than 750 ohms per foot is marginal at
best. There is no real upside to running low impedance wire
to be honest. Ideally the wire should match the impedance to
jump the gap and then there is not noise to speak of. But
that is impossible to do and get enough current so that is
the guideline I use in selecting wires. I have dynoed stock
wires vs. the best and never found a hp.. so pick what you
want and get the heat rating right.. and keep the ohms
around 2000 or so per wire and it should work fine.
Dave

[This message delayed, as it needed manual intervention by the list
administrator.  Just another person who has their mailer set to just
automatically include everything in the reply.  mjb.]