Re: dimpletape

To: <LGMCAFEE@aol.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: dimpletape
From: "Nafzger" <nafzger@vtc.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 21:22:24 -0700
List,
 I tried to chase some of this stuff down several years ago to try it on the
streamliner. 3M Corp. made some tape used by the San Diego Yacht Club on
their winning America's Cup effort.
 I chased my way thru the 3M corp. and finally found a gentleman by the name
of Gordon Felland I believe. He admitted the tape existed but said it was
proprietary and would not discuss it. I don't remember the details but some
college used a similar material on the inner walls of their wind tunnel and
increased the airflow.
 Thanks for the info.
 Howard
Yes I'm back. I took a laxative and burned some incense.