Re: Golf and sail planes

To: "John Goodman" <ggl205@swbell.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Golf and sail planes
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 18:28:14 -0600
Well Hey John.... Good to see you here...

For those of you who don't know John Goodman.... he is a member of the
Bville Two club and one of the guys that has had to put up with Dave's tune
ups... Best reference I can give John Goodman is that Smokey Yunick thinks
John is the One guy in the world that Truly understands Honing at the
molecular level....

Okay Golf Balls and Gliders are Two of the most studied objects in the world
of Aerodynamic's... Obviously the Wing is considered a Part of the glider in
that statement.

When it comes to creating Perfect Laminar Flow.... the Glider is about as
close as Mankind has got.... it's the right shape as we know it.... Could
there be more gains?  Obviously... but if I was building a steamliner
today.... I would follow the design theme of a glider.... and work backwards
from there.... incorporating the basic's of a car.... Keep in mind Ground
interference with airflow thou... it plays some interesting games in it's
own right....

Larry Mayfield ( Mayf ) is a guy who loves Numbers... and his statement
earlier was Dead on... without the evidence of Numbers in a windtunnel it's
all just theory.... But.... I am betting there is something to be learned
from every object that has ever been studyed.

Keith