Thanks, list

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Thanks, list
From: chad labno <clab@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 13:49:15 -0800
Hello List,
I find myself spending so much time reading the mail, and I enjoy
all of it, I haven't had time to thank those of you who welcomed
me to this list, some of whom I met at Maxton and those of you
I will meet at some future event.
I started drag racing in the 60's and into the 70's but lost interest
when bracket racing became popular. A couple years ago the drag racing
bug bit again and I resigned myself to bracket racing, I was going
to build for NHRA Super Street running a 10.90 index. Started talking
about 60 foot times, reaction times, delay boxed, all that ... that ....
stuff. Tried autocross, both high and low speed, it's OK but too much
lifting and braking. When I put my foot in it I like to keep it in which
is why I searched out land speed racing, found ECTA and ended up at
Maxton. Running my factory stock Corvette, I was limited to 125 MPH,
I had to lift so as not to "break out", but that was enough to make a
believer out of me, I knew I'd be back. My plan is to run Maxton in
2001 and 2002 with a trip to Boneville in 2002. As it stands now I'll
be building a 1980 Camaro (one owner, me) for c/galt (I was working
a deal for a '85 'vette but it fell through, not ready to strip my
'93, so I'm still looking). I have most of the parts, 14 point cage,
Lexan windows (remember, drag car, LIGHT!), gutted interior, body in
primer-sealer, (stripped it down to bare metal, not gonna do that
again), I got MSD, Holley, Lakewood, a bunch of parts from companies
wirh "Chassis" in their name, and the list goes on. Now, to put it all
together. I still need wheels and tires so I've been reading the tire
discussion with great interest. I'm sure I'll have many questions for
the List and I know I'll recieve much valuable information. And yes,
I've searched through the archived mail, good source of information.
Thanks,
Chad