muroc

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: muroc
From: "Sales@pro-flo" <sales@pro-flo.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 06:31:22 -0800
Mike & list,

A possible reason for the Muroc decline was the wait and see attitude of the
military to confirm and the stipulations not to allow advertising until the
last minute. With no minimums for records I would think there would be an
incentive for more cars to show..... Let's try one more year providing the
date is secured early so an ad campaign can be put in place. A delay in
getting a date set should cause a refusal by the S.C.T.A., the military
knows this is not a profit motivated event but the necessity to recoup costs
is mandatory

El Mirage is a different case and I do not know why attendance was low but
initial reaction to the entry fee increase was not favorable at the club
meetings I attended.

John Ritter