Re: Bearing wear

To: "John Beckett" <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>,
Subject: Re: Bearing wear
From: "Rick Byrnes" <rick@rbmotorsports.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 13:19:33 -0500
During my tenure at Fraud, I spent some time in Brasil and was befriended by
some hot rodders from Metal Leve.  (Pistons and bearings)  They manufactured
CL77 bearings under license.  I saw there that the copper and lead layers
were plated.  They made special parts for me with less lead coating to
account for the higher stress of my turbo motors (160 HP per bore).
My point is that plating can delaminate, in pieces like Keith experienced.
While it would not be chrome like, the underside can be shinny like babbit
used to.
Anyone but me going to PRI this week?  Look for my 2 club jacket.  Gotta
Brag a little, right.

Wear your colors boys and girls!

Rick Byrnes
lookin for a digger  :=D