Maxton running

To: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Maxton running
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 06:46:22 -0800 (PST)
Really Doug, if ya wanna borrow those 28" tires,
it doesn't have to be Memorial Day weekend.  You
would probably drive cross country on Interstate
20.  I live less than five miles from the
highway.  You could spend the night here in Texas
(very few drivers make it all the way across in
one day anyhow), and get the tires mounted on
your wheels right here. Not only that, we could
get some mighty fine BBQ while waiting!  The
offer stands until you need it.

Dick J

--- ARDUNDOUG@aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 11/21/2000 10:06:07 AM
> Pacific Standard Time,
> kturk@ala.net writes:
>
> <<
>  Well Tires aren't much of an issue... depends
> mostly on Wheel size but like
>  many other folks I will offer you a set of
> Speed rated 15" tires for your
>  trip back here.. they are 25.5 tall and have
> Good Tread and traction....
>
>  I won't ever wear them out in my lifetime and
> I would be happy to let you
>  use them for the Meet...if you sent me a set
> of rims I would even have them
>  mounted when you got here.... and for the
> travel... Come on Doug what else
>  do you have to do?  ( okay I am ducking at
> that comment )
>
>  Entry fees are most respectable...and ... I am
> trying to put another
>  Magazine deal together with Rod and Custom...
> and a Roadster back here..
>  Sure would love to have you come.... lots of
> our folks won't ever have the
>  opportunity to see your car if you don't...
> and it's a study in the art of
>  race car construction...
>
>  Keith
>  - >>
> Keith,
>     Thanks for the kind offer. I'd like to do
> it in the next couple of years.
> I would probably do the tow myself, combining
> it with a sightseeing trip, and
> fly Bri in to do some of the driving.
>     The tires might even work. I have 28.5"
> Goodyear Front Runners on the
> rear now. Does anybody make a 28" tire that
> would handle the Maxton
> concrete?,,,,,,,Doug

=====
*         Dick J          *