Spools, Spiders and Posi's

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Spools, Spiders and Posi's
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 13:53:36 -0800 (PST)
My brother is running 800 HP in a three ton truck
in mud races.  He has run the same welded spider
gears since he started racing this truck about
fifteen years ago. He has won several hundred
first place trophies with it, so it is obviously
a strong, workable combination. I know there was
a lengthy discussion/thread on open vs. posi vs.
spools about a year ago, and each type of set-up
came out about equal to the others.   What about
welded spiders?  Why are they any different than
running a spool?  I thought I read something in
the rules that said "no welded spider gears" but
now that I'm looking for it, I can't seem to find
it.

=====
*         Dick J          *
*    (In East Texas)      *