Re: E Motors

To: v4gr@rcn.com, landspeedracer@email.msn.com, kturk@ala.net,
Subject: Re: E Motors
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 13:33:29 EST
      Rich and all,   Let' s not forget Chevrolet's  SECOND  V 8 engine
( yes,  SECOND, as their FIRST  V 8 was offered in  1917 ! )   ...... those
little 265" forerunners of the whole dynasty of Chev V 8 engines ...... that
would
really scream with just a twenty seven dollar Duntov cam in them !    I' ll
bet
you played with some of them back then .  I was one of the many flathead guys
that had to admit that this was one little engine that was gonna be a force to
be dealt with !   Your modifications would also apply to these blocks, and  I
would imagine there are still some available .   I still have two complete
265" s
left, myself  ...... NOT for sale ...... that would have been long gone if I
had sold
them to some of my old roundy round friends, as they fit the class engine size
requirements back in the ' 70s  very nicely .  Those cams were also one of the
automotive gifts Zora Arkus-Duntov gave to speed enthusiasts, along with
Ardun heads and Corvettes !  7800 rpm for 27 bucks ..... try to match that
nowadays !
         Bruce in gloomy 52 * Connecticut