RE: Whatizit and Whereizitfrom?

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Whatizit and Whereizitfrom?
From: "Smith, Simon-Pierre" <Simon-Pierre.Smith@PSS.Boeing.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 07:17:19 -0800
I had the distributor pin shear on my tow rig once.  I pulled into a repair
shop, described my problem (90 % power loss), and the guy says "You sheared
your distributor gear pin".  Just that fast!  I couldn't believe it when he was
right.  He sold me a pin for 9 cents and let me change it myself in his shop.
Thanks NAPA.

The second thing I thought about with the unknown debris is my friend who left
a screwdriver in his intake manifold.  It ran great for 40,000 miles until he
went around a corner and put the shaft halfway through an open valve.  OOOps.

Simon Smith
In Everett, Wa.  50 degrees and kinda dry.