Re: AOL 5.0 vs. 6.0 on the LSR List

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: AOL 5.0 vs. 6.0 on the LSR List
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 13:05:46 EST
In a message dated 11/03/2000 8:59:47 AM Pacific Standard Time, FastmetalBDF
writes:

<<        Thanks for your take on this, Doug !    I have noticed my 'puter
doesn' t
 respond as well as with the 5.0, and I liked the old graphics better, and
printing
 stuff out was a little easier .   My question to you is how do I switch back
to 5.0,  and will I  LOSE anything by doing that ...... like the photos from
my daughter' s wedding that I downloaded  SINCE  I ( supposedly ! )  UPgraded
( HA ! ) to the
 6.0 setup ???   Please keep the answer non - cybertechnical if possible
 as I am basically a product of the Industrial  Revolution  .......
                NOT  the  Information  Age !!!
           Bruce        aka  puterstupidbrucer >>
Bruce,
    I just kept the AOL 5.0 icon on my desktop when I installed 6.0. Now, I
just click on the 5.0 and it seems to use the same <download> cache, <address
book>, etc.
    To create a shortcut to any program, on the desktop double click on <my
computer>, left click on <c drive>, and right click on <AOL 5.0> or whatever
program you want to open. One of the commands will be "create a shortcut".
Left click on that command and it will create an Icon for AOL 5.0. Using the
left click, drag the AOL 5.0 icon onto the desktop. When you want to open AOL
5.0 just click on the new desktop icon.
    You can also create a shortcut whereby you just use the <ctrl.> and <alt>
keys plus one other that you select, bypassing the mouse for opening
programs. That's a whole other story which I won't bore the LSR list with.
    LSR guys, pardon my digressing from "Salt-Talk"...........Ardun Doug