Re: 200 Club Minimums

To: "Tom Neimeyer" <3cbxs@ev1.net>, "Land Speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 200 Club Minimums
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 09:01:39 -0600
Interesting side light to the Minimum issue... it actually bothered me that
a guy could set a record over Two Hundred and not get in the Two Club at
Bonneville.

Then Tom was patient with me and Larry Volk took some time one night to
explain the History of the current record system and how they had to change
a bunch of records around when they combined the records...

They felt to uphold the integrity of the Two Club they needed to establish
record minimums in several of the open classes that were created as a
result of the changes..  This way no one would get an easy record... for
example 201mph with a AA/Fuel/Altered... obviously the speed is to low for
the cars class... someone did their homework and the minimums have been
broken several times... but always with a Race car...not your daddy's
Oldsmobile...  I can argue some of the Minimums but for the most part they
are fair for the classes involved.... and in the not to distant future They
will all be gone.. as the they will be broken.

The ECTA needs to establish some sort of system that is similar for the
Points championship.... as it would level the playing field...

Keith