Re: Small Block building

To: kturk@ala.net, Tom Neimeyer <3cbxs@ev1.net>,
Subject: Re: Small Block building
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 06:04:42 -0800 (PST)
My formula for doing this is to ask, ask, ask.
Then I get a bunch of answers from you, John
Beckett, Tom Bryant,Joe Timney, and a whole bunch
of other guys who have been there and done it
already.  Then I print out all the suggestions,
line them up on the kitchen table, and then try
to do what the assembled thousand years of wisdom
has already learned.  Seems to be working real
well so far.  Thank God nobody said the car had
to be pretty!  ha ha

Dick J

--- Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net> wrote:
> Geez don't look to me when it comes to this
> stuff.... I am just guessing
> most the time... and when I'm not I am on the
> phone to someone smarter then
> me..  I do have a clue about what I have
> done... and I guess on the end of
> the day I have gone through as many motors as
> anybody... but I have yet to
> build my own motor... I have spec'ed many of
> them... but I am about to
> actually build my first one here this month or
> next.. and it's just a Mule
> Motor to test out some components and have some
> fun while I wait for
> Speedweek to roll around....
>
>  When it comes to assembly I have always
> trusted someone else ... these
> things just cost to much to build and the
> assembly is actually rather
> cheap... So I haven't messed with it...
>
> I am looking forward to it... does that count?

> ----------
> > From: Tom Neimeyer <3cbxs@ev1.net>
> > To: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>;
> kturk@ala.net; John Beckett
> <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>
> > Cc: land-speed@autox.team.net
> > Subject: Re: Small Block building
> > Date: Wednesday, November 01, 2000 6:33 PM
> >
> > Dick,
> >  I do not have the recent experience of Keith
> or John, but I think the
> > stress on the rocker studs is more a factor
> of the spring pressure and
> cam
> > profile than imposed by the rpm.  When I used
> to drag race, wild cam
> > profiles and the high spring pressures used
> in conjunction with them,
> made
> > screw in studs a necessity.  (sorry to butt
> in, but trying to get in my
> > daily fix of LSR)
> >
> > What part of East texas are you in?  I am
> going crazy to find somebody
> > locally to discuss LSR stuff face to face.
> And actually "see" some
> different
> > stuff.  I'm in Houston.
> >
> > Regards, Tom