Re: Interesting Story

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Interesting Story
From: DrMayf@aol.com
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 17:49:52 EST
Well, had another opportunity to chat with the old fella who let the belly
tank car borrow his motor for a record run. Seems he had the year wrong, it
was 1957, not 1959. His name is Bob Sidler (I may have the spelling wrong)
and he is 79 years old, soon to be 80! Still sharp as a tack and pretty clear
memories.   He wa wearing a Jacket with a Cobra patch (an original). I feel
saddened because he has to work to maintain his exixtence. Oh, Keith, the
kid's name who owned the AH he drove to a record 'over there" name was indeed
Smith. He didn't recall that he was called Tex or anything, tho.

mayf