Early Hemi Red Line

To: John Beckett <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>, Joe Amo <jkamo@rapidnet.com>,
Subject: Early Hemi Red Line
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 07:31:21 -0700 (PDT)
Hey list,
Would any of you guys who have ever run an early
(Dodge, Desoto, or Chrysler Firepower) hemi give
me an idea what kind of RPM you redlined at.  My
hands-on experience is limited to a stock
roller-cammed Chrysler 300C which shifted best at
5500, would wind to 6,000, but without any
noticeable improvement in performance.  I
realize, of course, that the red line will be
very dependent on how you built your motor and
what was in it, but I'd like to get some ideas on
what kind of RPM spread can be considered.  If
you were winding more than 6000, give me an idea
what was in it to make that RPM difference.  I've
got a 241 Dodge, 276 Desoto, and 354 Chrysler.

Thanks

=====
*         Dick J          *
*    (In East Texas)      *