Re: parachutes

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: parachutes
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 11:00:51 EDT
In a message dated 09/25/2000 5:06:11 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
scowle@mentorcollege.edu writes:

<<   To All on the List,
 Next year I'll have to run a parachute and I have two Questions:
 1) Does the chute move the car around when it is opened and if so what do
 you do about it ?
 2) How much drag does it apply upon opening, is it dramatic or is it just
 noticable ?
 Thanks for your help,  Scott

Scott,
    On my Modified Roadster, with the chute attach point a little over 12"
above the ground:
    (1) no
    (2) It's a dramatic but not painful decelleration, losing 80-100MPH in a
matter of a couple of seconds, I would guess.............Ardun Doug King,
#1313 XXF/FMR