Outboards

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Outboards
From: V4GR@aol.com
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 18:38:24 EDT
I went to look at some outboard motors today. Mercs. 2 liter 4 cylinder at
200 hp and a 3 liter V6, don't know the power. They do use roller and ball
bearings for rods and mains. I am thinking that offset grinding welding and
grinding back to original dia. may work. I am not sure nitriding will strand
up to roller bearing pressure. Also the powerheads are expensive.
This weekend I went to the Silver State Race, at Wes Potters suggestion. It
was great. 80 miles of 2 lane blacktop wide open. Winner was an old Tony
Stewart Winston Cup car at 202 average. I was about 2 miles down a 5 mile
straightway and the cars were moving when they went by. Rich Fox