Summit Junk

To: Joe Abbin <roadrunnerengr@email.msn.com>,
Subject: Summit Junk
From: Phillip Landry <saltracer@netscape.net>
Date: 17 Sep 00 10:32:07 PDT
Let me start here by saying most of the parts I have purchased from Summit
Racing have been of excellent quality and the service has been great. BUT....
the parts I have purchased and only recently installed that have the Summit
Racing brand on them have been cheap junk! When I started the engine in my car
with the brand new fuel pressure gauge, brand new temp gauge and brand new oil
pressure gauge (all Summit brand) the fuel pressure gauge filled up with gas
and starting leaking. The area where the temp probe goes into the head
starting leaking (A LOT)and the oil pressure gauge went to something like 120
lbs. and when I turned the motor off the gauge stayed at 80.
I know it is very easy to say "Well you get what you pay for", but I also
think Summit should not sell parts of such obvious low quality.
Phillip Landry
ps I would be interested to hear if any of you have had similar experiences or
is this the exception to the rule.