Team Amo update

To: "land-speed@autox.team.net" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Team Amo update
From: Jonathan Amo <webmaster@landracing.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 19:20:52 -0600
List,

Update on the Team Amo side. Well after speedweek we had two very bad
cylinder heads. We sent them off and had new valves put in on both.
After our piston manufacture got the damaged pistons with wrist pin boss
damage they told us alot of things that we were not aware of that were
going on. A new set was made and hopefully sent in time for WOS. They
had charged us a $300 expidite fee, anyone get this before??? WOW.
Joe basically has the motor together with same setup we left bonneville
with. Old pistons, old everything but a freshened up head. The company
that supplied us with the great ZX-12R aftermarket fairing, A-Tech out
of Japan sent us another fairing we may or may not use at WOS, it is a
carbon kevlar fairing, very nice and shipped it one day from Japan. How
is that for service, no expidite fee either, haha. Joe got rid of 5lb
bottle from bike and he got a 10lb mounted on the bike,,,
sweeeetttttttt.
Joe is getting things finished up and loaded and coming to Denver to
pick me up on Monday.. Also picking up a couple of 55 lb bottles of
nitrous to take with us. Heading out monday night and getting in early
tuesday morning.
We are very poor in this stage of racing two meets in same year, thats
big for us. Thankfully my wifes parents own a beef and dairy farm and
are suppling us with some meet to take with us to cook out. Find us at
the Motel 6 again come have a burger, steak or whatever with us at
night, we enjoy the company.
I will also be updating the event on landracing.com as much as I can, I
will also be working with the USFRA to get the results to a database to
get them on the site daily. That is going to be very time consuming but
stick with us wont have a clue what to do until I see what kind of
printouts or data they are using.
Russ and Lona you better come by motel six and have a steak with us, I
have a couple very large T-Bones with your name on them.
Keith if you get here, or I mean when you get there you better come on
by too cause I have diet coke and a T-Bone for you also.
just everybody come by and see us.

Jonathan Amo
www.landracing.com