Re: It ain't over till it's over

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: It ain't over till it's over
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 19:48:07 EDT
In a message dated 09/15/2000 4:36:48 PM Pacific Daylight Time, kturk@ala.net
writes:

<<
 maybe... MAYBE NOT.... The Pistons for the Old D Motor got here today... I
 am outta here to pick them up and check the Gram wieght on them... then I am
 going to the Engine shop to see about balancing the Crankshaft... and we are
 going to stick it back together... Hey at Least it's a Motor I know.... I
 hope... This is the Up Front Plan... as all things.. it could change as
 well......

 I am thinking here it's the journey not the destination...

 Why Quit Trying.... K
 - >>
Keith,
    And I thought that us guys with the vintage motors were the only ones
that continually had to "thrash" like you're doing now, fighting Murphy's Law.
    When my car was in the trailer a month before Speed Week it scared the
hell out of me, wondering what I'd forgotten. We even carried a spare
"bullet" to Bonneville, fully expecting to be changing it on the salt after
1-2 runs. As it turned out the "Mule" motor ran all week, even making
"Rookie" passes on gas (UGH!) with a couple of my crew members.
    Hang in there, you're an inspiration to all of us. You young guys
certainly have a lot of tenacity and energy. I guess the main difference
between "modern engine" building and "vintage engine" building is the fact
that we have to literally make most everything but the bearings, valves,
plugs, and some accessories and fasteners.
                Good Luck, Ardun Doug King