Re: RE: New Category

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: RE: New Category
From: Drylakercr@aol.com
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 22:45:20 EDT
Big, fast motors may be what interest some folks, however for many of us we
enjoy the challenge of seeing of how fast we can make the older, smaller
ones.

Plus, I would have to say that it is the vintage cars/motors that started
this racing and let's keep them here and running as long as we can in honor
of our racing's rich hot rodding history.

It is a kick in the "firesuit" to go 149+ in a stock '39 chevy with a 302
GMC. Perhaps you might try it.

--From a not so vintage: Katie Young Cortez #256
XXO/VGC record holder at El Mirage, Muroc and Bonneville