-3 Line Chants

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: -3 Line Chants
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2000 18:06:57 -0500
Ardun Doug passed along this useful set of tips... one of which was my exact
problem yesterday...

>From Doug...

>     With the #3 there are two areas to be careful with. First, like all
> braided line, put masking tape around the area to be cut and then use a
> high-speed disc on you die grinder. DO NOT attempt to cut the braided hose
> with a hacksaw. Second, unravel the braid a little and make sure the
> ferule(sp) sits down squrely between the unraveled braid and the hose
itself.
> I clamp the hose lightly in a vise than tap the ferule into place with a
> small hammer. On a #3 always install the nut before installing the ferule.
>     In addition, always use a little rubber-lube or oil when inserting the
> fitting into the hose and ferule.
>     I just did some #3 hoses on my blower injector plumbing the other day,
> and had no problem once I started using the correct size hose for the
> fittings I have. #3's are kinda different and in a group by
> themselves...........Doug KIng

 Thought it was so Good I would share... My line was a tick to thick so I
cleaned out the connector with a light sanding roll... took maybe .005 off
but didn't touch the ferrel.... it's Tight and it sealed.... K