A Test of LSR Dedication

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: A Test of LSR Dedication
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 12:45:09 -0700 (PDT)
Now comes a real test of the level of my
dedication to Land Speed Racing.  I just had
lunch with my Crew Chief and Chief Financial
Officer (wife), and she said that we could
scratch up enough money to make the last Maxton
meet of 2000 if I can have the car ready on time.
Hmm, that's October 28-29.  Seventeen days off
between now and then, plus about 40 to 50 hours
of evening work.   Total maybe 220 available
hours?  I figure I've got about 200 hours of
work, minimum, to get the car ready.  It's now
112 degrees outside, but I was thinking about
"kicking back" in the cool A/C.  If I do that
more than twice, I won't have the car ready on
time.  Well, let's just see if I can have that
car in the pits at Maxton, sunrise, October 28!

=====
*         Dick J          *
*    (In East Texas)      *
*         # 729           *