Re: Speed Week

To: "cole coonce" <colecoonce@hotmail.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Speed Week
From: "John Beckett" <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 09:17:20 -0400
Cole

If you only got to Speed Week on Tuesday you missed a bunch. Would suggest
you try www.scta-bni.com for actual speed and records. Also
www.landracing.com

5) Tom Bryant and family run the Tom Thumb Special. Tom and I have traded
records several times over the years. Believe his best speed at this event
was 222 MPH. Just 4 MPH shy of the D/GCC record.

6) Joe or Jon Amo can probably add more to the "Scooter" question.

8) I thought the 'Salt' was the best its been in eight years. Hey they never
moved the short course and only had to move the long course once. I drove on
it late in the week and thought it was still OK. That hasn't happened in a
long time.

10) Staging lanes on the long course were OK. Short course lines were
somewhat longer, but not bad. By Monday I thought they were relatively
short.

11) #1183 Don McMeekin's Skyhawk. F/GCC & F/GC records.
        And many, many more.
        You need to put Speed Week 2001 on you calendar. And come join us at
Maxton some time also.

John Beckett, LSR #1179, E/GCC (Two more records and two more guys in the
200 MPH club)