Re: Timing advance

To: saltracer@awwwsome.com (Thomas E. Bryant), land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Timing advance
From: ardunbill@webtv.net
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 16:10:32 -0400 (EDT)
"Burn Time."  I respectfully defer to all the pros and real experts on
this List, but don't we want our pressure rise on the piston to jump up
and start pushing down hard on it about 15 degrees ATDC (the pressure
can't help us when the piston is close to TDC, it doesn't 'turn' the
crank then), and keep pushing down hard (burning) right up to and on
through the point where the exhaust valve opens??  Which would be say 70
to 90 degrees BBDC with racing cams??  And, we don't want any serious
amount of detonation to occur or develop in the chamber before the
exhaust valve opens, either, which can cause trouble; just smooth real
hard pushing.

Cheers from ArdunBill in the Great Dismal Swamp, Chesapeake, VA