Re: Maxton

To: Tony Middlehurst <Tony.Middlehurst@haynet.com>,
Subject: Re: Maxton
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 12:40:58 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Tony,
Very briefly, Maxton is located about fifty miles
south of Fayettville, North Carolina and fifty
miles north of Darlington, South Carolina just of
Interstate Highway 95.  If you are flying into
the US, Atlanta or Charlotte would be good POEs.
Anywhere on the east coast south of Washington,
D.C. and north of Atlanta would be a good bet.
Most of the driving to get therre would be on
Interstate highways where the posted speed is 70
MPH.  600 - 700 miles is a decent day's driving.
The meet is October 28 and 29.  Most any kind of
motor vehicle can run (except 4 wheel drive)
providing it meets safety requirements. It is
basically a one mile sprint against the clock.
Speeds vary from about 100 MPH to somewhat over
200 MPH, depending on the vehicle.  Assuming you
are visiting from UK without a race car, a
regular street car (non-rental sedan or coupe)
could be run with nothing more than a halon fire
extinguisher and a helmet, assuming the car does
not exceed 125 mph. (Your sister-in-law's Honda
fits very nicely into this under 125 mph class.)
ha ha !!   For faster cars, there are more
stringent safety requirements.  Any stock
motorcycle, with very little modification for
safety, could also be run with proper helmet and
leathers. Vehicles commonly entered include
production cars, roadsters of various types,
motorcycles, and lakesters.  You might want to
check out http://www.scta-bni.org/ for
information on the classes.  SCTA/BNI and ECTA
use the same rules.  Are you going to have a car
here?  Are you thinking about spectating or
racing?  If I can be of any further help, give a
shout.

Dick J

--- Tony Middlehurst
<Tony.Middlehurst@haynet.com> wrote:
> Hello everybody. I'm looking for details of the
> Maxton meet in October,
> specifically where that is (I live in the
> United Kingdom), when exactly it
> takes place, and what types of vehicles take
> part. Could anybody oblige?
> Thanks, and regards to all, Tony Middlehurst

> This email and any files transmitted with it
> are confidential and
> intended solely for the use of the individual
> or entity to whom they
> are addressed. If you have received this email
> in error please notify
> the system manager.
>
> This footnote also confirms that this email
> message has been swept by
> MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer
> viruses.
>
> www.mimesweeper.com

=====
......(In East Texas)........