Roadster Classes

To: V4GR@aol.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Roadster Classes
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 06:35:11 -0700 (PDT)
I'm still plodding away getting my 1923 Dodge
roadster built, and I need some more help on
class. (As in car classification not in social
sophistication. Ain't nobody can do anything for
me regarding the later!)  I have read through and
through the rule book and have looked at every
LSR roadster photo I can find. Based on what I
read in the rule book, I'm calling my car a GMR,
although it is really a SR without rear fenders.
The only reason why it doesn't have fenders is
because I would have to trim them down more than
I think the rules allow.  On the other hand, I
see quite a few cars out there with some pretty
minimal rear fenders. I'm sure some of them are
mounted other than exactly where the stock
fenders were mounted.  I have some stock Dodge
fenders, and they are about the size of 32 Ford
truck fenders.  In order for them to fit around
the circumference of any useable tire, I would
have to cut them down to about the size of a boat
trailer fender.  I thought this was a No-No, but
then I see some cars that I am certain are
running boat trailer fenders.  Who can give me an
accurate reading on this?  Also, can I run a
track roadster nose in SR class?

=====
......(In East Texas)........
.Hemis and Flatheads Forever.