Re: Gyromatic Transmissions

To: List Land Speed <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Gyromatic Transmissions
From: "Bryan A. Savage Jr" <basavage@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 07:19:27 -0700
Interesting Gyromatic (M-6) information at:
http://www.fridrichdesign.com/dodge/mechanical.html

I drove one once .... strange device. The shift in low
range took forever, and then some. It belonged to my
buddy's father and I didn't want to try what the guys at
the drag strip did to force a quick shift in low range.
They would wind out in 1st, clutch it and flick the shift
lever part way into high range, then yank it back to
low range. There was no way to force the 3-4 shift.
Just lift, eat a bag of frys, tune the radio and presto -
high gear.

Bryan Savage