Seniors Must Learn To Sacrifice!!! (Non LSR)

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Seniors Must Learn To Sacrifice!!! (Non LSR)
From: OHFASTONE@aol.com
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 14:37:41 EDT
Hello group, I was asked to pass this on to everyone.

<<The following is an excerpt from THE FIRING LINE:

All citizens of the USA should remember this!!!

I was embarrassed to read that President Clinton and his advisors have
said, "The older generations must learn to sacrifice as other generations
have done"

That's my generation. I knew eventually someone would ferret out the dirty
secret: we've lived the "lifestyle of the rich and famous" all our lives.

Now, I know i must bare the truth about my generation and let the country
condemn us for our selfishness. We sure don't deserve any of that Social
Security money that we've put away for 45 or 50 years! We sure don't need
help with our medical bills...no, we've surely got enough put away for a
$250,000 open heart surgery bill. We've had so much fun in our lives, why
just read the following:

During the Depression we had a hilarious time dancing to the tune of
"Brother Can You Spare A Dime?" We could choose to dine at any of the
country's fabulous soup kitchens, often joined by our parents and
siblings...those were the heady days of carefree self indulgence.

Then with World War II, the cup filled to overflowing. We had the chance
to bask on the exotic beaches of Guadalcanal, Iwo Jima and Okinawa; to see
the capitols of Europe and travel to such scenic spots as Bastogne,
Malmedy and Monte Cassino. Of course, one of the most exhilarating
adventures was the stroll from Bataan to the local Japanese hotels,
laughingly known as death camps.

But the good times really rolled for those lucky enough to be on the
beaches of Normandy for the swimming and boating that pleasant June day in
1944. Unforgettable.

Even luckier were those that drew the prized holiday tickets for cruises
sleek, gray ships to fun filled spots like Midway, The Solomon's and
Murmansk. Instead of asking, "what can we do for our country," an
indulgent government let us fritter away our youth wandering idly through
the lush and lovely jungles of Burma and New Guinea.

Yes, it's all true: we were pampered, we were spoiled rotten, we never did
realize what sacrifice meant. We envy you, Mr. Clinton, the harsh lessons
you learned in London, Moscow, Little Rock, and the secluded cubby's of
the Oval office with a young intern.

My generation is old, Mr. President...and guilty; but we are repentant.
Punish us for our failings, sir, that we may learn the true meaning of
Duty, Honor, and Country. Give that money that we've been putting into
Social Security and Medicare to those more deserving...like yourself?

IF YOU FEEL AS I DO, YOU WILL PASS THIS ON TO EVERY ONE ON YOUR LIST,
REGARDLESS OF THEIR POLOTICAL PREFERENCE.

For all of us who still remember, let those who don't, understand.

This was originated by Robert J. Crady, a fabulous 70+ year old gentleman
who is now a retired U.S. Air Force pilot that gave our country countless
hours of service.

This originally appeared in THE FIRING LINE
The magazine of the California Rifle And Pistol Association, Inc.
271 East Imperial Highway, Suite 620
Fullerton, CA 92835
http://www.crpa.org

Also, in the future visit Mark's 2nd Amendment web site at:
http://www.lewistechnogroup.com/2nd

Please pass this on!!!
-Mark
mark@lewistechnogroup.com>>