flatheads

To: Doug Anderson <boogiewoogie12@hotmail.com>, saltracer@awwwsome.com
Subject: flatheads
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 13:57:28 -0700 (PDT)
And another thing Doug, besides having that cool
roadster with them big a$@$ hemi valve covers
hangin outa the sides, I'm going to end up using
the Chevy four speed and offy adaptor on my ol 49
Ford truck.  Right now, it aint go nothin but
dual exhausts, but I think I'll stick on a set of
dual 97s too, just fer fun. (Been readin a lot
about how to chop tops too!)  See, I still gut a
flathead in my stable.

Dick J

PS,
I hope that aint one of them ghosts in your rod.
I had the same kinda thing happen to me about ten
years ago with a vintage BMW 900 murder sickel
that I truly loved.  Got so frustrated getting
stuck everywhere, even renting a U-Haul truck to
carry it back from Atlanta to Florida one time,
and spending eleventeen bazillion dollars on
everything the BMW dealer could think of to fix
it.  I finally gave up and got rid of it.  The
new owner got to lookin at all the receipts I had
given him to prove all the work I'd done on it,
and figured the only thing I didn't replace was
the kill switch.  He pulled it off and found a
single strand of wire would short out against the
iside of the handlebar every time a hard left
turn happened.  Two inches of heat shrink later
he's on the road.  He done put another 100
thousand miles on that old Beemer, and I cry
every time I hear from him!  Man, don't let that
happen to you!

http://invites.yahoo.com/