Headlights in /GT

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Headlights in /GT
From: Chuck Rothfuss <crothfuss@coastalnet.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 12:36:32 -0400
List,

   OK, here's an interesting question.  I've got two LSR project cars in the
works.  Both will fit into the current GT category.  Both the Opel GT and
the RX7 have covered headlights, the RX7's flipping up and the GT's rolling
over.  If I must retain the headlights, do I also have to retain the
machanism that raises them, or can I delete it and lock the mechanism closed?

   I'm looking for a spot to stuff a fuel cell under the hood, and right
where the right hand headlamp motor sits would be a nice spot.

   Finally got the new RX7 off the trailer today, and I think I need my eyes
checked.  Could've sworn this one had NO sunroof, but it does.  Much smallet
then the last one, and I know how to handle it, so it's not a problem til it
leaks. (Then I break out the nibbler and the MIG and do away with it!)  Nice
to have a new toy in the shop, but my wife has already stopped speaking to
me again.

   Sure is a pointy thing. (The car)  Maybe I'll call it "The Sadistic Missile."

Chuck Rothfuss
LSR #510
Pole Cat Hollow, NC