Re: POLICE RADAR--longish......

To: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: POLICE RADAR--longish......
From: dahlgren <dahlgren@uconect.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 10:01:47 -0400
So if I get this right my faith in the local PD is still where it ought
to be ... Sort of if you are stopped and given a ticket incorrectly it
is ok because the majority of the population is busy breaking laws most
of the time but seldom get caught so it is all ok even if they are
innocent at this particular time of this particualr crime.. Maybe i
should smack my kids cause even though I didn't see them screw up they
must have when i wan't around.. yep it is about the mentality i thought
was in effect. As a former officer do you/did you take into account the
speed of the surrounding traffic when issuing a ticket or just pick one
car out of the bunch to target?? I always did and always will go the
speed that the traffic flow is going. if it is 20 in a 35 that is fine
and if it is 80 in a 65 makes no diff blend in with the middle lane and
try not to get hit by some moron on the phone instead of driving... BTW
in CT we have a law that basically says if you were clocked on radar
then you are guilty end of conversation. Saw one of these little
hearings happen whlie in small claims court about a year ago, no one
ever asked the question how can you pick one car out of a bunch from a
quarter of a mile away?? Pretty good shot in my book. How do these radar
guns work on different materials. Ex fiberglass/plastic/aluminum??
Dahlgren