Re: Motor ruling question

To: "Jim Dincau" <jdincau@qnet.com>
Subject: Re: Motor ruling question
From: "Dan Warner" <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 04:54:45 -0700
Jim,

Normally this would be the case. However, in the situation of the turbo V6
in the Firebird this configuration was available only as an Indy Pace car
replica in 1989(I think). Removing the turbo would constitute an engine
swap, thus Gas Coupe class. The V6 not being available as non-turbo option.
As to engine swaps, the swapper must be the different from the swappee, Chev
350 in for Chev 283. A GM V6 in for a GM V8 is a swap. 2000 rulebook, pg,
36, sect, IV-12.

Dan (been through this a couple of times) Warner