Re: Rear steering ?

To: "Hyatt Engineering Ltd." <Hyatt-Engineering-Ltd@fuse.net>,
Subject: Re: Rear steering ?
From: "John Beckett" <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 11:58:00 -0400
Greg

Wow, neat design. Gosh I love the innovation in this sport. However page 35
of the SCTA rule book section IV-2, line 4, "steering must be assured by at
least two FRONT wheels". My suggestion would be to submit a request to the
SCTA tech committee for permission to run such a vehicle. John Robinson did
and I assume he has receive tentative approval. Your design is probably
closer to a four wheel steering concept than rear steer anyway, and
therefore perhaps more acceptable.

As Glen Barrett stated none of the three, rear wheel steer, vehicles tried
on the salt ever reached the first timing light or passed the 100 MPH point,
I don't think there is much danger to anyone. I'm inclined to let 'em try
until PROVEN dangerous.

John Beckett, LSR #79