Working ing a Vacuum

To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Working ing a Vacuum
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 08:28:49 -0700 (PDT)
I have to give a strong endorsement to Keith's
comments here.  I built road racing and drag cars
and motorcycles all my life, but LSR is a whole
new ball game.  My interest in LSR started in
about 1952 when I saw a picture of the Pearson
Brothers Coupe, but I didn't decide to do
anything about it until a little over two years
ago. At the time I was not on the WWW, so I asked
a friend of mine to look up "Bonneville" and
"Land Speed Racing" for me.  He brought me a
stack of printouts and for the first time I heard
of Maxton and ECTA.  Shortly thereafter I got
onto the WWW myself and then got onto this list.
Result - I raced at Maxton, landed a record
(since broken) and am deep into the process of
building a LSR roadster. I can honestly say that
I've had answers to hundreds of questions I
didn't know I had, but more importantly, every
single concern I did have and every question I
had about how to best do something not only
netted an answer, but answers from guys who have
all "Been there - done that - and got their
tee-shirts" already.  Some of them nothing short
of legends.  This list is the greatest help there
could ever be to a beginner. And from what I see
by reading the mail, even the experts exchange a
lot of useful information!  Bravo to you guys for
starting this thing!

Dick J