Brand Names & Quality

To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>,
Subject: Brand Names & Quality
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 12:30:07 -0700 (PDT)
Keith,
You did the right thing by shelving those
Yugoslavian jobbers and searching around a little
for the "real stuff".  I learned long, long ago:
don't go to the local discount auto stores for
any parts that you don't want to break, wear out,
burn up, or replace in the near future.  For
standard parts, stick with NAPA, Borg Warner,
Timken and all those other names that are
American legends. The same goes for performance
parts, you get what you pay for. I'll take
Offenhauser and Edelbrock anytime over a
Kowalechesksi GmGh , or Chim Ko Chiang Pek Ltd.
At the speeds we go, (even slow guys like me) we
need good, reliable parts keeping our butts off
the ground.

Dick J

PS,
Absolutely no offense meant to anybody named,
related to, employed by, or in any way associated
with: Kowalecheski and Chim Ko Chiang Pek. Any
resemblance to persons, places, things, or
entities, living or dead, is purely coincidental!

http://invites.yahoo.com